L3Harris Technologies Opportunity, Plano, TX, Sr Spec, Cyber Intelligence
January 26, 2021 in Job Postings
- Position #: AS20202810-52343
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
The Information System Security Officer (ISSO) is part of an Information Security team supporting a wide variety of existing and developing computer network and communications systems and projects. The ISSO is responsible for the development and implementation of security controls required IAW information system (IS) categorization and overlay application.
Major Responsibilities/Activities Statements:
- Develop and conduct risk assessment procedures for verification of RMF/Assessment and Authorization (A&A) safeguards to meet various regulatory requirements based upon NISPOM/DAAPM, RMF, JSIG, and NIST 800 series (800-53, 800-171 etc.) guidelines.
- Author and provide oversight of various artifacts supporting RMF package artifacts to include the System Security Plan (SSP), Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&M), Continuous • Monitoring (ConMon) Plan, CONOPS, and other RMF BoE artifacts.
- Coordinates with internal/external partners to establish system security designs and validates compliance requirements.
- Responsible for analyzing and/or administering security controls for information systems.
- Monitor IA Program compliance by performing periodic self-inspections, and tests and reviews of the IS to ensure that systems are operating as authorized/accredited and that conditions have not changed.
- Maintain operating systems and software in compliance with DISA STIGs .
- Configuration change management processes (including hardware/software changes, account management, media control procedures, disposition, Assured File Transfers (AFT) and related documentation) in accordance to policies and procedures.
- Review audit data of the IS and IS components (technical & physical) for anomalous or unauthorized activities.
- Participate in documenting and publishing security related workflows and procedures to mitigate vulnerabilities and recommend changes to system or system components.
- Conduct Cybersecurity training, briefings, presentations for multiple levels of business.
- Provide leadership and oversight in absent of ISSM.
- Participates in interdepartmental projects and provides council on Cybersecurity policy and procedures.
- Trains and mentors teammates in coordination with the ISSM.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum 6 years prior relevant experience with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, UNIX, Solaris, Cisco), Windows server systems, thin client architecture, system virtualization, and other related peripherals
- Experience with technical configuration standards relating to information system security
- Experience with applying, searching, leveraging SCAP and STIGs
- Experience with configuration/certification and auditing/analysis of Windows, Linux, UNIX systems to include stand-alone IS, peer-to-peer networks, LANs/WANs and interconnections
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt workload to accommodate changing project priorities
- Well versed in risk management, mitigation, and customer service
- Perform other IS-related duties as assigned by leadership on “as required” basis.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Existing DoD S clearance with current 6 year update and ability to obtain TS clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain any additional clearances as required
- Must obtain IAM Level I DoD 8570.1M Certification (Security+ etc.) within 6 months of hire
- 8570 IAM/IAT Level III Certification such as CISSP
- Experience with SPLUNK, Nessus, eMASS, RMFKS, Xacta, and other software/systems
- Experience in Special Access Program environments
- Excellent people skills, with ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team environment
- Outstanding work ethic and commitment to organizational success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills to communicate well with team members, customers and leadership
- Demonstrate excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to act and complete tasks independently with minimal/reasonable amount of support from team members
Educational Requirements: Physical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background cJob Title: Sr Spec, Cyber Intelligence
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
POC: Christopher Burks, Talent Acquisition / Recruiter, christopher.burks@l3Harris.com