Logistics related opportunity - HQ DLA but individuals will work remotely
Responsibilities: The Logistics Data Analyst/Technical Writer will provide subject matter expertise in defense logistics procedures and the Defense Logistics Management Standards (DLMS); DoD Enterprise Transformation and publications rewrite efforts. Responsibilities will include technical support to evaluate existing supply and logistics data standards and transactions; to interpret, analyze, and identify transactions for proper formatting, syntax, and the creation of new data elements within these transactions. Also conduct analysis of existing DLMS publications and support a project to rewrite the existing DLMS manual content in a more concise style and consistent terminology. The enterprise transformation effort requires technical and functional expertise in electronic data interchange (EDI) X12 standards, XML schemas, and the ability to develop recommendations for using new and emerging data exchange methodologies.
Representative responsibilities include:
• With minimal direction, provide support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes relating to the DLMS data and participate in developing the future vision of DLMS data.
• With minimal direction, draft proposed rewrite of assigned sections of DLMS procedures based upon the strategic direction for the DLMS procedures.
• Review existing technical and functional expertise to present research findings in written, oral, or other forms of communications.
• Think independently and develop technical solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity and exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Provide project management support, perform data analysis, develop briefings and papers for all levels of government agency leadership, and conduct research in support of ongoing projects.
• Communicate with clients through written reports, briefings, and oral presentations
• Minimum ten (10) years of demonstrated experience in DoD logistics data
• Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university
• Previous experience supporting DLA or other aspect of DoD logistics and the DLMS.
• Thorough understanding of the operations, procedures, and systems that support the DoD Depot operations, Transportation, and the management operations for Inventory, Maintenance and Finance.
• Firsthand experience in one or more of the following: Understanding of the operations, procedures, and systems that support the DoD Depot operations, Transportation and the management operations for Inventory, Maintenance and Finance. This can include DD/Component policies, business procedures, business rules, data standards, and transaction standards (both DLMS and legacy formats) in support of Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP), Military Standard Transaction Reporting and Accountability Procedures (MILSTRAP), Military Standard Billing System (MILSBILLS), Supply Discrepancy Reporting (SDR) and WebSDR, DoD Activity Address Directory (DoDAAD)/ Military Assistance Program Address Directory (MAPAD), Logistics Metrics Analysis Reporting System (LMARS), Physical Inventory and transaction standards in support of seamless integration between the supply/logistics domain.
• Fewer years of experience may be accepted on a case by case basis
• Self-directed, detail oriented in completing assigned tasks
• Strong MS Word and Excel skills
• Strong communication skills, both oral and written
POC: Wayne Jeffreys, Target Systems, email@example.com, (717)599-4311 (m).
The position location is HQ DLA but individuals will work remotely. Actual residence doesn’t have to be in the greater DC area.
For More Information