We are searching for a Training and Organizational Development Specialist to support the Collaboration and Talent Development Branch at NASA Langley Research Center in Hampton, VA. The Specialist will provide consultation and interventions aimed at achieving congruence among the components of the organization such as groups, environment, technology, individuals and tasks. The goal is to provide analysis, consultation and guidance to leadership to determine the changes needed to create a learning environment within the organization.
Facilitate meetings, focus groups, workshops, retreats, etc. providing structure and focus enabling clients to successfully reach their meeting goals. Deliver follow-up facilitation and/or documents to support the actions developed during meetings.
· Provide team building through process consultation, diagnostic, development, implementation and evaluation tailored to specific teams and/or challenges. Methodologies may include, but not be limited to interviews, surveys, web-based tools, diagnostic reports and outcome-driven interventions.
· Conduct organization diagnosis for client organizations across the center. Collection of data can be achieved through surveys, interviews, focus groups, etc.. The data collection findings shall be reported to organization leaders and the specialist will assist leaders in planning a way forward to reach desired organization goals.
· · Guide organizations in the development of strategic and implementation plans. This planning shall include identification of the organization’s vision, mission, goals, objectives, action plan, and metrics. Identify strengths and weaknesses in relation to factors that influence the organizations effectiveness and forecasting of their future impact.
· · Assist in the creation of courses and provide course adjustments based upon participant feedback, new research data and Langley requirements. Deliver instructional facilitation for courses created to enhance collaboration and for basic courses/seminars created to educate Langley population.
· · Bachelor’s degree with discipline in training & development, HR, education, instructional design or organizational development/behavior preferred
· · 5 years of experience in learning/training and organizational development
· · Experience in e-Learning and technology-based tools or programs
· · Experience in video, Web-based programs or self-guided instructional manuals
· · Experience with Lean Six Sigma
· · Skilled in administering and interpreting assessment tools
· · Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
· · Experience in survey development, strategic communications, program development and process improvement
· · Comfortable presenting and leading training activities in front of large groups and one-on-one
· · Highly organized and consistent in follow up and record-keeping
· · Ability to learn and utilize company core behaviors
· · Detail-oriented with ability to exhibit a high degree of flexibility and initiative to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
· · Exceptional customer service skills.
· · Good analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues
· · Advanced skills in Excel, Word and PowerPoint preferred